Wednesday 18 August 2010

Fail.....i think.

Had some good fights last night, I’d repost KB links but there pretty messed up to due to them happening in the same system.


Ok on to the fail.

In the second engagement I was asked to fly my Scorpion (EWAR BS for those that don’t know) and play on the station, the rest of the fleet where a bit behind but moving into position, enemy took the bait, Mpk undocked he’s carrier as secondary bait and to rep me up the plan being I would then Cyno Diamond in.

The massed horde kicked my teeth in, I redocked repaired ready to undock as our fleet came tearing in, the evil enemy fled and regrouped on a gate, the order was given to chase and see if they would engage. They did.

Then the fail, even though it’s a battleship the scorp can be brittle and is best used at range, I didn’t, I warped to zero and so did Goose in his scorp, as a force multiplier they are high profile and get primaried and removed from the battle ASAP.

We went down like Thai hookers, luckily I was tanked and managed to jam out 7 ships before popping, if I had warped in at 100k I would have had a bigger impact and possibly saved a lot of our guys from getting biffed.

Lesson learned I hope, now to buy me a new scorp or two, it’s a ship I enjoy flying, yeah it will never top killmails but the difference it can make to a fights outcome

Before I forget, we won the fight and held the field and I enjoyed the fight massively, but if the ewar pilots were a bit smarter it would have been a more convincing win.

LD

3 comments:

  1. Who says Scorps never top killmails?

    http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=6841193

    Fear the mighty Scorpion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, thats not an every day occurence you swine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also we didnt land on them a force we landed in dribs and drabs i could tell by the way the damge was applied, due jamming high dps/profile ships, that peeps didnt have the overview set to list alphabetically, etc

    ReplyDelete